Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IsaacR
Helper I
Helper I

Loop through web process

Hello,

I am new to Power Automate. I was able to create a flow that launches Excel, launches browser, inputs a specific number and searches by that number. Then it extracts data from that profile on to excel. It is working so far but I want it to look the action of changing the number that is input +1 and then running the script again. For example, I want it to type in #  "350", go through the process and then do the same for # "351." I found some videos on how to do this with word but not to do this if the input is online.

I also wanted for the flow to ask what you want to set the first instance as and then start the count from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You'll need to covert the text output of the input dialog to a number first: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/actions-reference/text#tonumber

Don't forget exception handling as a user might enter real text which can't be converted into a number.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Thanks fraenK, I was able to get my loop to work and was able to create an input dialog but both links do not say how I can set the user input as a variable to set my loop. Right now I have LoopIndex set from 350 to 380 with step 1 but if I try to refence the "from" as the variable "UserInput," it gives me error

Main3Parameter 'Start from': Expression must contain a 'Numeric value'. 
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You'll need to covert the text output of the input dialog to a number first: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/actions-reference/text#tonumber

Don't forget exception handling as a user might enter real text which can't be converted into a number.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,231)