Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IsaacR
Helper I
Helper I

Loop through web process

Hello,

I am new to Power Automate. I was able to create a flow that launches Excel, launches browser, inputs a specific number and searches by that number. Then it extracts data from that profile on to excel. It is working so far but I want it to look the action of changing the number that is input +1 and then running the script again. For example, I want it to type in #  "350", go through the process and then do the same for # "351." I found some videos on how to do this with word but not to do this if the input is online.

I also wanted for the flow to ask what you want to set the first instance as and then start the count from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You'll need to covert the text output of the input dialog to a number first: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/actions-reference/text#tonumber

Don't forget exception handling as a user might enter real text which can't be converted into a number.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Thanks fraenK, I was able to get my loop to work and was able to create an input dialog but both links do not say how I can set the user input as a variable to set my loop. Right now I have LoopIndex set from 350 to 380 with step 1 but if I try to refence the "from" as the variable "UserInput," it gives me error

Main3Parameter 'Start from': Expression must contain a 'Numeric value'. 
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You'll need to covert the text output of the input dialog to a number first: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/actions-reference/text#tonumber

Don't forget exception handling as a user might enter real text which can't be converted into a number.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,365)