Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPCloudguy
Helper I
Helper I

Managed solution - Flows are still editable in PAD

Hi,

I'm concerned ALM is not possible with PAD flows.

I have a managed solution containing a flow that does not allow customisations, that looks correct in that the edit option is greyed out within the solution.

SPCloudguy_0-1620104322847.png

However from PAD I can rename and edit the flow. The name change and modified date is even reflected in the solution.

Is this expected behaviour?

2 REPLIES 2
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Was/is "Allow customizations" disabled on this desktop flow? (Managed properties)

What are the PAD user's permissions to the environment which contains the solution? 

SPCloudguy
Helper I
Helper I

In my first test I was importing into my community plan environment, so I'd have been a system administrator.

I've just tried importing a solution into our default environment where I won't have any admin rights and still I can edit and rename the flow from PAD - I definitely have customisations disabled in managed properties.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,266)