cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r96359
Helper IV
Helper IV

Migrating Power Automate Desktop Flow from developer to user.

Hello All,

I've created a Flow and Desktop Flow combined for a solution.

The intent is for me to install it on a users computer so she can use it with her user license.

I exported the Flow as a zip file but the Desktop flow was not imported.

I was advised I could do this as a Solution so I created a solution and added the desktop flow since this was the only item missing.

After exporting the solution and importing it for the user, the desktop flow was still not present under her Desktop flow tab nor eas it present within the solution.

I was told that publishing all customizations would fix this but as this is a big company, I do not have the permissions to do that.

How can I publish a single solution?

Is there a better way to migrate a solution that combines Flow and Desktop Flow?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
r96359
Helper IV
Helper IV

@miketran13 Thanks for the suggestion to share the Power Automate Desktop flow to a user!

I had trouble using Solutions so I think the way to go with the current functionality is to:

1. Developer Exports/Imports the Cloud flow to the user

2. Developer Shares the Desktop flow to the user

3. User uses "Save As" to create the Desktop flow as an owner. Skip this step if you are the developer and need easy updating of Desktop flow to users. 

4.  Developer removes share of the Desktop flow. Now user only has their owned Desktop flow. Skip this step if you are the developer and need easy updating of Desktop flow to users. 

5. User goes into the Cloud Flow and selects the proper Desktop Flow within the action

6. Done

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
r96359
Helper IV
Helper IV

Here is the permissions error I received:

Publishing all customizations failed. SecLib::CheckPrivilege failed. User: xxxxxxx, PrivilegeName: prvWriteEntity, PrivilegeId: xxxxxxxxx, Required Depth: Basic, BusinessUnitId: xxxxxxx, MetadataCache Privileges Count: 3612, User Privileges Count: 972

r96359
Helper IV
Helper IV

Any experts in the area of solution deployment that can help me with the proper way of deploying a power automate desktop solution?

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@r96359 ,

Are you able to export the solution?

If yes, are you able to import that solution successfully to the target environment?

Hi @sakula1996 ,

Power Automate Desktop Flows cannot be exported/imported directly. It seems that is not supported to date.

I have heard you can use Solutions to do this export/import but my attempt failed to import. I suspect that there are details on how to set up a Solution for PAD export that I did not perform successfully but I cant find documentation on the proper process. The Solution would import but the PAD flow was missing.

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@r96359 ,

What's is the error you're getting while importing the solution.

Can you post the error log here?

Thanks

@sakula1996 ,there was no error the first time I tried to import.

The Solution was visible but inside after import, it just said No components found.

I tried to import it again and got a violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint.

r96359_0-1615848172417.png

r96359
Helper IV
Helper IV

@miketran13 Thanks for the suggestion to share the Power Automate Desktop flow to a user!

I had trouble using Solutions so I think the way to go with the current functionality is to:

1. Developer Exports/Imports the Cloud flow to the user

2. Developer Shares the Desktop flow to the user

3. User uses "Save As" to create the Desktop flow as an owner. Skip this step if you are the developer and need easy updating of Desktop flow to users. 

4.  Developer removes share of the Desktop flow. Now user only has their owned Desktop flow. Skip this step if you are the developer and need easy updating of Desktop flow to users. 

5. User goes into the Cloud Flow and selects the proper Desktop Flow within the action

6. Done

View solution in original post

Hi, thanks for your post, it helped me a lot! Can anyone tell me if the "share" option works for non-premium Power Automate users?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,341)