cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charles_ross_oh
Advocate I
Advocate I

New PAD version (2.14) - how to troubleshoot UiFlow service?

I have updated to the newer PAD version and the machine management interfaced is changed in a major way.  Desktop flows launched locally work fine, but desktop flows (Attended) launched from cloud flows have stopped today.

There seems to be a problem with machine registration - I went to the "machine settings" app and tried troubleshooting and the new machine UI said "We cannot get your  machine information". It suggested I check the UiFlow Service.

I looked in the Services for UIFlow, which is usually where the problems would be in the previous versions, but it appears that there is no UIFlow service.  I went hunting in Task Manager and UiFlow is in fact listed there as stopped, and it won't respond to Start. 

In the Power Automate portal Run History, the flow's status is "Queued" - I imagine that's because the service has not started.

Anybody have any tips or links to articles about troubleshooting in version 2.14? All of the online help that I can find is about the "old" experience as in version 2.13 where the machine management experience is not split out from the main PAD app.

PS

I just moved from Trial to my Unattended Desktop license. In the Portal Flows panel for Data > Connections, I deleted all my old desktop connections created as trial and started a new one in case the license change could be a factor in the machine registrations. 

4 REPLIES 4
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member
charles_ross_oh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks @fraenK, I did find that article and tried to follow it but unfortunately I do not have full admin rights (can't start or restart all services) on the bot machine. In the Task manager Services tab I definitely can't start the UiFlow service.

What is very interesting about this latest version is the fact that the UIFlow* services do NOT appear in the Services panel like they did only a week back. They are visible in Task Manager on the "Services" tab only.

I am wondering if it has to do with the user account the service was installed under. I can't see it (or change it) anymore like I could when the service was visible in the Services panel.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Unfortunately, PAD requires admin permissions to run and this service is essential. So there might be something wrong with the installation.

I understand that. But there's something new in this version. I have 2 machines - 1 is my desktop and one is a VM and both have been updated to the new version. One of them is running the UIFlow service OK and the other stopped. 

What is very noticeable is that BOTH of them are no longer displaying the UiFlow Service in the Windows Services app.  All 3 UiFlow Services, both on the running one and the one that can't be started are only visible under Task Manager.

That's new and smells buggy to me. Does anybody else see this change in 2.14?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,299)