cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

New releases: Power Automate Desktop client

Hi, I've built a new release notifier for the Power Automate Desktop client using cloud flows.

Not sure why Microsoft wasn't able to provide this functionality yet.

RSS feed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i8d41s2jatkq5m/MSPADrel.xml?dl=1

Version history

2021-03-05: 2.5.129.21062

2021-03-16: 2.6.48.21069

2021-04-13: 2.7.49.21099

2021-05-05: 2.8.73.21119

2021-05-19: 2.9.29.21133

2021-06-17: 2.10.36.21161

2021-07-22: 2.11.51.21196

2021-08-11: 2.12.171.21216

14 REPLIES 14
DanielOlsson
Helper II
Helper II

How do you use it? EDIT:  If you don't know what a RSS feed was like me, google it, and then it's easy. Add RSS plug-in to your browser and link the source. 

Thank you FraenK, well done!

The RSS feed? Just put it into Outlook or your preferred reader/downloader or create a cloud flow with a RSS trigger and HTTP download 

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Version 2.9.29.21133

Finally, includes at least an update notification!

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-automate-desktop-may-2021-update/

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Seems like that the built-in update notification doesn't really work!

Latest version: 2.11.51.21196

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/desktop/

Still no release notes. 🙄

Hello Fraenk.  I spoke to a Microsoft support engineer today and this issue with the latest update, where the client do not detect that it's out of date,  is known and they have reported it to the devs. Hopefully, a fix will be made in the next release. 

Hey Daniel,

Indeed it will be fixed in our next release.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Thank you Frank for letting us know there is an update to download.  Unfortunately, they have not fixed the check for update function, which was not detecting the July update either.. ?  Manual download seems to be the only option. Do you have this issue as well ?Screenshot_10.png

Thought about the same. There is no fix mentioned in the blog and you can't test it with the latest version, because it is already the latest version. 😉

Just create a cloud flow with a RSS trigger and HTTP download using the feed url in the first post.

kostasc
Microsoft
Microsoft

The fix is implemented in the August release as discussed above. Everyone prior to the August release, will get an update notification 1 week from now.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Why do we have to wait for 1 week and manually download and install it until then? Thought the tool is about automation?

Hey @fraenK 

I think that I haven't explained clearly what I wanted to say:

There was a bug with all previous versions (that supported the update notifications), resulting on showing the update message a week after the actual release. This bug got resolved in August's release, which means that the users that install the latest version, will get an update notification in September, as soon as the release lands.

However, the users that do not update, will get the same notification, a week later.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (942)