cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rifat00700
Frequent Visitor

Not Getting Button because of Wrong Window Selection

Hello, I am in a Problem . The problem is in our desktop application There appears 3 or 4 window because of parent button click . When any parent window button is clicked then child window comes and when I try to click child window button click I cannot find the button because parent window is selected  in UI Element of Power Automate Desktop . In the parent window there has not have the button  So it is Not found . I inspect in the UI elemnt . Please note that I used Desktop recorder . After When I get the error then also I tried Add UI element but could not get succeed . Here are some screen shot that may help tou to understand .

Rifat00700_2-1637831082041.png

When I click the circle button I goes to another window . And That window There has ha button nammed 新規。And The Ui Element not finding The button . The later screen shot may be I can explain more easily 

Rifat00700_3-1637831262893.png

As you can see the 新規 button is in the parent window so that power automation cannot find . I tried to add the child window using Add Ui element but in vain . How to solve this problem . Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
geavgous
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Rifat00700 , 

Thanks for trying out Power Automate. Could you guide me a bit more on your scenario? What kind of application is it that you are trying to automate? Is it windows application or java application?

Thanks,

George

Rifat00700
Frequent Visitor

Windows application

MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Try focusing the window first.  If that doesn't work, you can manually change the parent window to the UI Selector.

Go to the UI pane in the top right, find your UI element, and right click the 3 dots and click on "Edit Selector".  Here, you should be able to change the parent window.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,168)