cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryule
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Numbers come back as ##### in "Read from Excel worksheet" if Column is not expanded

I save down an Excel document from a web app, and then I open that document, not visible, to read a column of dollar amounts.

However, if you go into the document, the report's column width is not wide enough for some of the numbers, making them look like #######. This causes issues for the Excel actions apparently, as PAD also pulls them as #####......has anyone else ran across this and have any solutions, outside of opening it up as a visible instance first, expanding the column, and saving.....?

I'd have to think this is a bug......

ryule_0-1659989256190.png

Excel view

ryule_1-1659989641104.png

If I expand the column, save, and run the bot from the point of just the Excel stuff, it works:

ryule_2-1659989673237.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Use the "Get cells as text" option in the "Read from Excel" parameters window.

Or maybe, uncheck it; I forget which one, but the other stops this from happening.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Use the "Get cells as text" option in the "Read from Excel" parameters window.

Or maybe, uncheck it; I forget which one, but the other stops this from happening.

Oh interesting; I have it checked. I'll uncheck it and give this a shot tomorrow; thank you!

Yep, that did the trick. I'm embarrassed I didn't try that first, although, still seems silly to me!

Yeah, I thought it was silly also.   It literally just reads whatever is on the screen, so in this case, the column just isn't long enough and it read #####.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,228)