cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryule
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Numbers come back as ##### in "Read from Excel worksheet" if Column is not expanded

I save down an Excel document from a web app, and then I open that document, not visible, to read a column of dollar amounts.

However, if you go into the document, the report's column width is not wide enough for some of the numbers, making them look like #######. This causes issues for the Excel actions apparently, as PAD also pulls them as #####......has anyone else ran across this and have any solutions, outside of opening it up as a visible instance first, expanding the column, and saving.....?

I'd have to think this is a bug......

ryule_0-1659989256190.png

Excel view

ryule_1-1659989641104.png

If I expand the column, save, and run the bot from the point of just the Excel stuff, it works:

ryule_2-1659989673237.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Use the "Get cells as text" option in the "Read from Excel" parameters window.

Or maybe, uncheck it; I forget which one, but the other stops this from happening.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Use the "Get cells as text" option in the "Read from Excel" parameters window.

Or maybe, uncheck it; I forget which one, but the other stops this from happening.

Oh interesting; I have it checked. I'll uncheck it and give this a shot tomorrow; thank you!

Yep, that did the trick. I'm embarrassed I didn't try that first, although, still seems silly to me!

Yeah, I thought it was silly also.   It literally just reads whatever is on the screen, so in this case, the column just isn't long enough and it read #####.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,719)