cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshleyPettit
Helper I
Helper I

OCR - Is a physical Montior necessary?

I'm using PAD and I've had to use OCR in some parts to make my flow work. I do avoid it where I can yet it's my fallback if I can't click the location I'm looking to click.

The question is, is there a way to remove the need for a physical monitor while using OCR? Can the computer run a virtual monitor and run OCR off that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highboy
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hello
You do NOT need a physical monitor to use OCR.
I just did a test (unattended) in out production environment (Virtual machines), where I load google.com, and use OCR to find "google-Store" and click it.
Works great

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highboy
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hello
You do NOT need a physical monitor to use OCR.
I just did a test (unattended) in out production environment (Virtual machines), where I load google.com, and use OCR to find "google-Store" and click it.
Works great

View solution in original post

Ah thanks for that. I just tested it and realised that when I unplugged the monitor the resolution was changing. This was the issue. 

I went into remote control the computer with it's monitor unplugged, set the resolution and now is great. 

Thanks for responding. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,197)