cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SP8
Frequent Visitor

ODBC connection string error on Power Automate Desktop

Hi.

I'm trying to connect to data in SAP Hana via the ODBC connector in Power Automate.

My drivers are ok. I connect to SAP Hana via PBI/Excel Power Query multiple times daily.

From Power Automate Desktop, I try to use the connection builder and the test says that the connection works.

datalinkok.jpg

But when I try to run it, it fails, saying that the connection string isn't valid.

conectionstringinvalid.jpg

How can I fix or troubleshoot this? Why doesn't the string it builds me from the "wizard" work?

3 REPLIES 3
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @SP8 

Problem appears to be the syntax in the connection string which PAD is unable to take.

Cannot see the connection string fully in the screenshot.

- Are you able to write some dummy values and share the full string?

- Hope you have taken care of all the things that might interfere with the syntax like all required semi colons, percent signs handled, all parameters given, etc.? 

- Are you able to point out which of the connection strings are you using? - https://www.connectionstrings.com/

SP8
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @VJR . My string wasn't on your list of connection strings. We're trying to connect to SAP Hana via the ODBC driver. I'm not sure what that qualifies as on the list on the link you sent.

The blacked out portion after USER ID= is my user ID (which has no spaces) followed by a semicolon.

After Data Source= is the server that I'm connecting to. It is 3 letters, space, dash, space 4 letters and then semi colon. It is exactly the way I connect via Power Query and is actually a drop-down selection, so I know that it's correct.

datalink.jpg

That's it.

Hi @SP8 

would you be able to try with the DRIVER={HDBODBC} instead of the Provider and by using any of the below connection strings.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/0eec0d68141541d1b07893a39944924e/2.0.01/en-US/66a4169b84b2466892e1af9781...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,261)