cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsonrocks

Opening blob file using power automate desktop

Hi,

I am trying to implement a use case where I am accepting inputs from Azure blob storage into power automate desktop. I want to be able to go to a particular container and read the file contents as input / store in a data structure/variable . Power automate seems to be achieving this using connectors. I did not find the same using PAD. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member
Rkv_
Resolver II
Resolver II

if you can use SQL queries to your blob storage then configure connection string and use Execute SQL statement action.

Thank you for your response. So is it safe to say the only way for the PAD to access the blob storage files(excel files) is to download them to local machine? 

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I am dealing with excel files in my blob storage.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You could download and open them with a local Excel instance or open them using Excel Online and use the API or even better process them with Power Automate cloud flows

jsonrocks

So I did try to use launch excel instance with the URL to the blob file .The flow failed with error. "Failed to open excel document(Excel launching error)".Is there something I am missing here for this method to work?

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

don't think it supports URLs, you need to download it

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,600)