cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s0up2up

PAD - Get Files function unable to connect to Downloads folder (Error message: Source folder doesn't exist)

Hi there,

Bit of a maddening issue I've come across. I've setup a flow which practically opens a web page and downloads a report to this computer (Windows 11)'s Download folder. The file is then renamed and moved to another local folder at which time the process ends.

At the moment I am running into an error where the Move File/ Get Files Action

Error locationSubflow: Main, Action: 41, Action name: Move file
Error messageSource folder doesn't exist
Error detailsMicrosoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.SDK.ActionException: Source folder doesn't exist ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.File.Actions.MoveFileAction.MoveFile(FileObject source, FolderObject destination, Boolean overwrite)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.File.Actions.MoveFileAction.MoveFile(FileObject source, FolderObject destination, Boolean overwrite)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__17`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.File.Actions.MoveFileAction.Execute(ActionContext context)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Engine.Execution.ActionRunner.Run(IActionStatement statement, Dictionary`2 inputArguments, Dictionary`2 outputArguments)

This function gets all files within this folder (of which there is one file downloaded)

Screenshot 2022-01-14 202951.png

Which is passed as 'Files' to this action, of which we take the first file (i.e., at Index 0).

Screenshot 2022-01-14 203407.png

Anyone seen this one before? Have any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks all in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

This sucks. I’m not sure what it is doing. Sometimes the downloads folder can be tricky. You can do all this with cmd prompts. I know it’s not ideal, but it is just as fast.

just have PAD send the cmd.

here is a site for some tips if you aren’t familiar with file commands in cmd:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digitalcitizen.life/command-prompt-how-use-basic-commands/

good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

This sucks. I’m not sure what it is doing. Sometimes the downloads folder can be tricky. You can do all this with cmd prompts. I know it’s not ideal, but it is just as fast.

just have PAD send the cmd.

here is a site for some tips if you aren’t familiar with file commands in cmd:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digitalcitizen.life/command-prompt-how-use-basic-commands/

good luck!

s0up2up

Hi Michael,

Ah never though of just writing a couple of powershell scripts as a work around. Great suggestion, have it back up and running.

Kind regards,
Brendan

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,259)