cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burak-Atagun
Regular Visitor

PAD Startup Error

When starting PAD I get two errors:
"The connection between the console and the designer wasn't established. Please restart Power Automate Desktop and try again."
and when I go further and try to test a flow I have I get this one
"Host process terminated with unknown exit code -532462766"

Has anyone encountered this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sunilb
Microsoft
Microsoft

Please refer the below solution.

1. Download the Sysinternals Suite ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/sysinternals-suite )
  2. Extract the zip to a folder
  3. Run a CMD as administrator
  4. Navigate to the folder Sysinternals has been extracted to
  5. Run the following command: handle net.pipe

Running this command should display a list of processes that use named pipes and the address they listen to, e.g.:

PAD.BrowserNativeMessageHost.exe pid: 21064  type: Section        464: \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\net.pipe:EbmV0LnBpcGU6Ly8rL0JST1dTRVJOQVRJVkVIT1NULzE2NjIwLzEv
Microsoft.Management.Services.IntuneWindowsAgent.exe pid: 26708  type: Section        6AC: \BaseNamedObjects\net.pipe:EbmV0LnBpcGU6Ly8rL0lOVFVORU1BTkFHRU1FTlRFWFRFTlNJT04vU1RBVFVTU0VSVklDRS8=
PipesTest.Server.exe pid: 6540   type: Section        3AC: \BaseNamedObjects\net.pipe:EbmV0LnBpcGU6Ly8rLw==

You need to identify whether there is a process displaying the string highlighted in bold (EbmV0LnBpcGU6Ly8rLw==).
If such a process has been found,  please make sure PAD is closed (from the taskbar as well), kill the process identified in previous step and try again to start PAD.

I hope above will help you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
badalsharma0608

I am facing this issue currently. First time I encountered this error, I re-installed the s/w, but the problem resurfaced when the system was restarted the next day. Still facing the issue. re-installing is not a permanent fix.

sunilb
Microsoft
Microsoft

Please refer the below solution.

1. Download the Sysinternals Suite ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/sysinternals-suite )
  2. Extract the zip to a folder
  3. Run a CMD as administrator
  4. Navigate to the folder Sysinternals has been extracted to
  5. Run the following command: handle net.pipe

Running this command should display a list of processes that use named pipes and the address they listen to, e.g.:

PAD.BrowserNativeMessageHost.exe pid: 21064  type: Section        464: \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\net.pipe:EbmV0LnBpcGU6Ly8rL0JST1dTRVJOQVRJVkVIT1NULzE2NjIwLzEv
Microsoft.Management.Services.IntuneWindowsAgent.exe pid: 26708  type: Section        6AC: \BaseNamedObjects\net.pipe:EbmV0LnBpcGU6Ly8rL0lOVFVORU1BTkFHRU1FTlRFWFRFTlNJT04vU1RBVFVTU0VSVklDRS8=
PipesTest.Server.exe pid: 6540   type: Section        3AC: \BaseNamedObjects\net.pipe:EbmV0LnBpcGU6Ly8rLw==

You need to identify whether there is a process displaying the string highlighted in bold (EbmV0LnBpcGU6Ly8rLw==).
If such a process has been found,  please make sure PAD is closed (from the taskbar as well), kill the process identified in previous step and try again to start PAD.

I hope above will help you.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,919)