Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jspeer1
Helper II
Helper II

PAD - Taking ScreenShots Assistance

Good day all.

I have a specific scenario where I have a list of checkboxes in a website which I need to pull the 'checked off' value however the way the website is built. it does not allow to interact with the checkboxes on the site using the built-in Checkbox function in PAD.

I have essentially worked around this and wrote a Python script that will compare a predefined image and my new image to see if they are equal or not, meaning if new image is equal to predefined image --> Item 1 is checked off. If different --> Item 2 is checked off.

My issue is, how can I go about taking a screenshot of a very specific portion of the page? I know the built-in screenshot function does not allow to define the range and will just take a screenshot of the entire page. I need to only have the ability to focus just around the checkboxes as other items on the page are dynamic which will in turn render my image as different since the dynamic data will be different to what's on the predefined image. Can I work around this? Anyone know how I can screenshot with Python or PowerShell a specific portion of my screen?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jspeer1
Helper II
Helper II

Solved this on my own by just using Snipping Tool to replicate all the clicking and whatnot.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jspeer1
Helper II
Helper II

Solved this on my own by just using Snipping Tool to replicate all the clicking and whatnot.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,569)