Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asamr
Helper II
Helper II

PAD: Text manipulation

Dear Community,

I have Extracted the following from the web. 

What type of steps do i need to do, so it can be "100/100"

aEgBPY3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Paste this code into your PAD editor:

SET Original_Text TO $'''100
/ 100
'''
Text.Split Text: Original_Text StandardDelimiter: Text.StandardDelimiter.NewLine DelimiterTimes: 1 Result=> TextList
Text.Replace Text: $'''%TextList[0]%%TextList[1]%''' TextToFind: $'''\\s''' IsRegEx: True IgnoreCase: False ReplaceWith: $'''%''%''' ActivateEscapeSequences: False Result=> Rating

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Daniel_Pa
Resolver II
Resolver II

Edit: My bad thought it was a list. Sorry. Disregard the Set Variable part. You can just use the Replace Text, with RegEx \s to %""%.

Set a variable to a combination of the individual values of the list.

You can use RegEx "\s" in the Replace text, to remove whitespaces:

combine.png

Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Paste this code into your PAD editor:

SET Original_Text TO $'''100
/ 100
'''
Text.Split Text: Original_Text StandardDelimiter: Text.StandardDelimiter.NewLine DelimiterTimes: 1 Result=> TextList
Text.Replace Text: $'''%TextList[0]%%TextList[1]%''' TextToFind: $'''\\s''' IsRegEx: True IgnoreCase: False ReplaceWith: $'''%''%''' ActivateEscapeSequences: False Result=> Rating

View solution in original post

Hi!

What PAD editor? 
There is a editor??? 😮

Thanks. I will test this. 

How do you know what commands you can use in replace text for example? 
Regex. 

Hi Asamr

To answer both your questions: The editor is the part of PAD where you build your workflows (also known as the flow designer). As opposed to the console, where you have an overview of your processes and settings for PAD. It's also worth noting the distinction to Power Automate, the online workflow engine, which resides in the cloud and allows you to use default connectors (integrations) to a lot of applications.

I would recommend that you go through these two short introductions, to familiarize yourself with some of the terms:

Get started with Power Automate

Get started with Power Automate Desktop

RegEx is an individual discipline within programming, which allows you to search for patterns instead of specific text - i would recommend reading about it, and for quick use, perhaps reference a cheat sheet like this.

I understand all that, I didnt knew you could just paste his code and it will create 3 seperate actions.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,005)