cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demaionewton
Helper I
Helper I

PAD can't find UI Element on web page

Been struggling with this one for weeks.

Setting up a PAD flow for this page: https://www.collegecentral.com/ncctcjobs/

I need PAD to click on the Sign In Button in the upper right of the browser window, but PAD keeps throwing UI Element not found error.  Tried parsing the UI element, digging into the page code to see if I could help, but nothing seems to work.

Here's the config of the UI element.

demaionewton_0-1660741644187.png

Finally, I did a workaround by spawning the page, then throwing a message telling the user to log in manually. When they click OK (after logging in hopefully) the flow continues.

Anyone have any recommendations on what I need to do to get the Button 'Sign In' to be recognized?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Great tip!  I did that to no avail.  Henrik's tip to use 

button:contains("Sign In")

worked like a charm!  I wish there was a shortlist of key tricks like that.  I'm not a jquery pro, but used Henrik's trick to fix that problem as well as a similar one with a button in access having the same issue!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Switch to Text editor in the selector window top right, then write just the following:

ryule
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

If Henrik's doesn't work, try unchecking all the boxes (1, 2, 3, 4, etc...), except for the very last one.

XRQ57
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

Using recorder seems better than adding manuelly UI element. 

I have often this problem (Don't know why...)

You can try like this and add exception if needed.

Great tip!  I did that to no avail.  Henrik's tip to use 

worked like a charm!  I wish there was a shortlist of key tricks like that.  I'm not a jquery pro, but used Henrik's trick to fix that problem as well as a similar one with a button in access having the same issue!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,194)