cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaitanyababu

PAD - drop a file on a webpage

Hi, 

Is there any way to drop the file on webpage using PAD?

I need to drag a file from one of the folder in pc and drop it on a webpage, just like how we drop files in onedrive or gdrive. Is it possible? any inputs on this? 

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

There should be a ‘click on link’ UI that you can click to “browse computer” or “upload”. This should open a Windows Explorer (folder) browse window. Here, you can use send keys to send the file path and file name.  I usually do it like this:

’After clicking the UI to “browse”,

• Wait for window element ‘capture the “FileName” text field
  • Send keys %FilePath%{Enter} 
  • Wait (1)
  • Send keys %FileName%{Enter}

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, it will not work in my case. I don't know why, but when I try to capture the ui element "button" which uses for clicking to upload, it is not giving an option to capture that particular button, instead it is highlighting a bigger box which contains the button. 

I’m just brainstorming. There is a mouse click option for ‘left click down’ and ‘left click up’ so you should theoretically, if you knew the coordinates or can reference the elements, click down on the File and drag to the UI element on the web page, then ‘click up’. But I have never tried it. 

another alternative to the first idea would be click on text on screen (OCR), but I typically don’t recommend OCR because it was slow and unreliable with the Tesseract engine. However, the latest update has the Windows OCR engine, and maybe you will have better luck. I haven’t been able to test it. 

best of luck!

Thank you! Yes, I tried working with mouse clicks and it works in some cases. However, I'm looking for a more robust solution, which can work on 3rd person desktop with different resolution or any other use case scnearios. 

I will once try OCR and the method you suggested and see if it works. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,000)