cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAuserFromFranc
Helper III
Helper III

POWER AUTOMATE flow from table that contains links stored inside data-url value of <tr> tag

Dear All,

i'm looking for some help to build up a flow to scrap data stored inside pages of a website which you reach from a parent page which is a table in which you have links stored as value in data-url attribute of table row tag <tr>

im trying to figure out how to extract those links and then loop into it to scrap the datas in each single page

may be someone may help on my issue?

thanks very much!

regards

Fred

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PAuserFromFranc
Helper III
Helper III

Sorry i have to precise i'm novice in coding so i'm not a coder and also the links are not appearing at the screen, i saw them only in data-url attribute of <tr> tag inside the inspector

View solution in original post

VJR
Super User
Super User

You can also get any other custom attribute's value using "Get details of element on webpage" 

VJR_0-1648035440434.png

do you have a website to share where data-url attribute is used?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @PAuserFromFranc 

This post and the responses in it will help you to achieve that.

PAuserFromFranc
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks VJR i will have a look, really appreciating !

PAuserFromFranc
Helper III
Helper III

@VJRsorry, this isn't the right answer i guess because i'm not able to right click and get the href when i'm extracting the datatable

- step 1 extract data from the webpage (extract entire html table)

- step 2 which i'm trying to do, loop all the links present in this table but stored inside data-url attribute of <tr> tag

- step 3 click on each link to get the new webpage and retreive datas in it

- step 4 go back and go next link and so on ...

In your answer you just tell me how to fetch each individual link but when it is tag as an <a> or Href

may you help?

PAuserFromFranc
Helper III
Helper III

Sorry i have to precise i'm novice in coding so i'm not a coder and also the links are not appearing at the screen, i saw them only in data-url attribute of <tr> tag inside the inspector

VJR
Super User
Super User

You can also get any other custom attribute's value using "Get details of element on webpage" 

VJR_0-1648035440434.png

do you have a website to share where data-url attribute is used?

PAuserFromFranc
Helper III
Helper III

Whooo Guys, i almost solved my issue ... Now i have another one, each record i make in the for each loop is creating a new spreadsheet (excel). I don't understand why, all the data extracted should be in list in one excel table no?

i extrat from each page of the list of urls and then translate to excelinstance but it seems it creates several variable (several sheets), how to solve this issue please?

thank you

fred

Can you send a screenshot of your flow? It sounds like you have something inside your loop that should only be set before the loop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,391)