cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeeLearnMSFT
Helper IV
Helper IV

Populate File Location and File Name

I am stuck, I have to run a procdss to upload files into a web portal.  First I had a really hard time to find how to press the Choose file button. Nothing worked except OCR "Choose File".  Now I am having issues inputing the file location.  I first one to enter in the file location and then I will input the specific file I want it to grab.  My roadblock is trying to input the file location. I read some forums and they suggested using populate text in window but it doesnt work. It cannot find the file location bar.  Is there a back end way I can do this.  I spent half a day trying to get this to work. UI Automation doest Work , Web Form filling doesnt work.  Please help!

Desparate user.

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1643325074229.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Does your window have this at the bottom?

MichaelAnnis_0-1643326127439.png

If so, the cursor typically defaults to this field, so you can just use Send Keys

Send Keys %FilePath%{Enter}

Wait 1

Send Keys %FileName%{Enter}

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Does your window have this at the bottom?

MichaelAnnis_0-1643326127439.png

If so, the cursor typically defaults to this field, so you can just use Send Keys

Send Keys %FilePath%{Enter}

Wait 1

Send Keys %FileName%{Enter}

VeeLearnMSFT
Helper IV
Helper IV

Michael that worked! Thank you for your solution and getting it so quickly! You are awesome!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (3,806)