cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankc9
Advocate I
Advocate I

Possible to record or view unattended session?

Hello,

Is it possible or has anyone attempted to view or screen record an unattended session?  I have a desktop flow that will occasionally fail during one part of a long process during browser automation, but have not been able to identify what is or isn't occurring that is causing it to fail.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

To the best of my knowledge you are specifically blocked from seeing what is happening on-screen in an unattended flow run.  But have you looked at the Monitor section of the flow studio?  You can review logs from previous runs of a desktop flow.  It provides a good bit of information on each step in the flow and should help you figure out what step failed and why.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @frankc9 

You can add the screenshot capture action at a few places and in any of the error handling you have done.

A member was able to identify an issue using screenshots as suggested by @ryule in this post here.

Hello, unfortunately, for this specific flow, that hasn't been much help.  This flow is 300+ steps that continously runs in a loop and will randomly encounter an issue somewhere around the same 30 steps, but I haven't been able to identify what is exactly happening at that moment.  When accessing the flows to analyze, many times it will say "there's an issue starting your desktop flow" even though it has been running for hours, other times it will list the steps which seem to make no sense based off the actual flow steps, and other times it will have a screenshot of just a blank screen.  All the steps will error to the same subflow so I have thought about creating a different subflow for each of the 30 steps to see if the issue is occuring during many or just a few steps, but was hoping for a quicker/easier solution to "watch" it running.

This is a great idea!  I am going to give this a try and hopefully this will be able to give insight into what is/isn't occuring.  Thank you!

Ezhilvannan_V
Advocate III
Advocate III

@frankc9 Use Get last error in every subflow, if an error occurs take a screenshot, save the screenshot in the log folder else send it through mail.

Thank you!  That is also another great idea!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,012)