cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melone
Regular Visitor

Power Automate Desktop Copy Excel Column to another Excel Column

Hello all,
I am just starting with the topic RPA and Power Automate and I am still quite inexperienced. I have a problem. I am trying to automate a process for work. I have attached example photos.

Excel file 1 = Only the table with all the information

Excel file 2 = A prefabricated layout (table entry starts from A14).

I would like to insert every single column from Excel file 1 into Excel file 2. In reality, it will have much more data, so I would insert each column separately.

My problem is that I can't make it so that every single column is automatically read and it does it automatically until the table is completely read.

Thanks a lot ! 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @Melone 

The example photos did not get attached to the post, So I couldn't get clarity on your requirement.

To know the last column with data, you can get it from the below action.

VJR_0-1664163859294.png

Melone
Regular Visitor

Hello,
enclosed is the sample photo.

I have tried it with the activity first Column. But it only manages to transfer the column that I have defined before. It does not read the other columns automatically. I think I started my flow completely wrong.

Before I started automating. I thought it would be easy because it was logical. Now I doubt my abilities 😄

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-25 um 20.23.52.png

- Open Excel File 1. Lets call this as ExcelInstanceFile1

- Find the last row using "Get first free column/row from Excel worksheet". Lets call this variable as LastRow

Copy cells from Excel worksheet from A1 to LastRow - 1 of A column

Then in Excel File 2 with ExcelInstanceFile2

Paste cells to Excel worksheet into C14

Do the same for other columns.

If you want to do it a bit more dynamic then in File1 Search for the text "Name" to get the Name column (using Find and replace cells in Excel worksheet)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,361)