cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
改善
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Desktop - Failed to assume control of Internet Explorer (navigation to URL failed).

Hello,

I have some issues trying to open/control an IE browser window. This is actually my first step in the desktop flow.

I can see that it opens the given link, but then it stops the flow. If i change that link with say google.com it will have no issues in moving to the next step.

I assume the problem might be coming from the website address i`m trying to access, but i don`t have access to the backend so can`t really do any troubleshooting. Any idea what could be causing this? And would there be any workarounds?

Detailed error below:

Robin.Core.ActionException: Failed to assume control of Internet Explorer (navigation to URL failed). ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.get_Document()
at Robin.Plugin.IE.WatiN.Core.Native.InternetExplorer.IENativeBrowser.get_IsOKWithIHtmlWindowPermissions()
at Robin.Plugin.IE.WatiN.Core.Native.InternetExplorer.IEWaitForComplete.WaitForCompleteOrTimeout()
at Robin.Plugin.IE.WatiN.Core.InternetExplorer.WaitForComplete(Int32 waitForCompleteTimeOut, Int32 fallbackWaitingTimeForReadyStateWorkaroundInMilliseconds, Boolean waitForFramesToCompleteAsWell)
at Robin.Plugin.IE.WatiN.Core.Browser.GoTo(Uri url)
at Robin.Plugin.IE.WatiN.Core.InternetExplorer.FinishInitialization(Uri uri)
at Robin.Plugin.IE.WatiN.Core.InternetExplorer.CreateNewIEAndGoToUri(Uri uri, Boolean createInNewProcess, Nullable`1 jumpstartShowStyle)
at Robin.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationActions.LaunchNewInternetExplorer(Variant initialUrl, Variant internetExplorerTabTitle, Variant internetExplorerTabUrl, Variant dialogButtonToPress, Variant customUserAgentString, Variant& webBrowserInstance, Int32 operation, Int32 windowState, Int32 attachMode, Boolean waitForWebPageToLoad, Int32 courseOfActionIfDialogAppears, Boolean clearCache, Boolean clearCookies, Boolean userAgentStringCustomNotAutomatic)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Robin.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.LaunchInternetExplorerBase.Execute(ActionContext context)
at Robin.Runtime.Engine.ActionRunner.RunAction(String action, Dictionary`2 inputArguments, Dictionary`2 outputArguments, IActionStatement statement)

5 REPLIES 5
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Did you install Power Automate Desktop Extension? Tools - Browser Extensions...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
frankc9
Frequent Visitor

I had a lot of the similar error in failing to take control with with IE, Chrome, and Edge when I had enabled clear cache and cookies.  Do you have that turned on by chance? Once I turned both off I no longer received the error message.

Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Have you turned off Enable Protected Mode in IE?

As far as i`m aware there is no extension for internet explorer? The security options are all deactivated too.

Can you try Chrome extension?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,762)