Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramtin
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate Desktop & VPN

Hi Everyone,

I installed Power Automate Desktop (PAD) on my machine and it runs and connects with no problem.

But when I turn on VPN, PAD is no longer able to connect.

Scenario 1:

When I am connected to VPN and I click on "edit flow" I get the error below, then if I click "close" it will delete my flow....

Ramtin_0-1630599125522.png

Scenario 2:

When I am connected to VPN and am already in a flow I can edit, change, run, and delete steps within the flows without any issues but I cannot save the flow or exit the flow. I have to specifically disconnect from VPN, then save it. If I want to get into the flow again, I need to disconnect from VPN, click "Edit flow" then connect back with VPN.

Question:

1. Do we need to whitelist a URL to enable PAD to fully work while connecting to VPN?

2. If it's not a whitelist issue, what else could it be? how to make PAD work with VPN turned on?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, you need to whitelist *.dynamics.com url from the corporate network. Hope it will help you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kierian
Community Support
Community Support

try to run fiddler with your network admin and compare behavior between with/without VPN

Hi, you need to whitelist *.dynamics.com url from the corporate network. Hope it will help you.

View solution in original post

Ramtin
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @sunilb and @kierian  for the reply

I have a request with our infrastructure team to whitelist *dynamics.com 

as soon as it's done and tested I will reply back with an update  

white listing *.dynamics.com worked, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,974)