cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcorderoISS
Regular Visitor

Power Automate Desktop fails to install

Hello,

I am trying to install Power Automate Desktop version 2.5.129.21062 on my Windows 10 Pro machine version 10.0.19042 Build 19042, but the installation ends with the following message:

jcorderoISS_0-1615178455043.png

The installation log can be found here:

https://1651wilkening-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/juan_cordero_convergint_com/EclvhQNkSllAlXnoW...

I am running the installation under the local machine administrator.

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
dsamuilov

I'm having the same issue

Shalu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @jcorderoISS 

Please follow the below instructions and let us know, if it helps in fixing the issue:

(i) Ensure the .net version is 4.8 Runtime framework. If not download and install https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48
(ii) Complete all pending Windows updates, if any. 
(iii) Uninstall ‘Power Automate Desktop” from Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program
(iv) Open File Explorer and navigate to %localappdata% >Microsoft and delete “Power Automate Desktop” folder.
(v) Also, navigate to %programdata% > Microsoft and delete “Power Automate Desktop” folder.
(vi) Download latest setup from PAD and reinstall (as admin if possible) 
(vii) If the same issue shows up, restart the system and reinstall using the same setup file. 
Note :- If a different setup is used after restarting the pc, the issue will continue. 

If the issue persists, check if the logs mentioned as vcredist64. (find using Ctrl+F)

(i) To navigate to logs: %programdata%\microsoft\power automate desktop\logs.
(ii) Then check the control panel. if this 64bit version of visual c++ redist exists. If yes, uninstall it manually and restart the pc. 
(iii) Launch the pad installer as admin and install again. 

Shalu_0-1617934607624.png

If the C++ approach does not fix the issue, then follow the below steps:

(i) Access the Registry Editor and navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft
(ii) Check if Power Automate Desktop registry exists 
(iii) If it doesn't exist, it is a permission issue, you need to allow full control permissions to the Microsoft folder from the path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft 
Right-click on folder -> Permissions -> Full Control 
(iv) Create Power Automate Desktop Key in the same path 
(v) Now install PAD 
(vi) Creating a Registry key with Power Automate Desktop under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft and give full control permissions to the all users, fixes the issue. 

If this post helps, then please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards,

Shalini M

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (97,871)