I've received a complex task that is problematic for me as I couldn't find the answers for my questions.
The process looks like that:
1. New item arrives on SharePoint - can be submitted in both csv and xlsx format.
2. Data from each row is submitted on a specific site.
I believe it should look like that:
1. Power Automate Flow is triggered "When a new item is submitted on SharePoint".
2. PA creates a table.
3. File is saved on a specific folder on my desktop.
4. Open Power Automate Desktop.
5. Run "Get files from folder" action. In the folder only new Excel file is present.
6. PAD loops through each row in the table.
7. PAD takes data from each row and puts it on a specific site.
8. After loop Excel file is deleted.
I know that points 1-5 are easy, but is it possible to prepare this flow to work in unattended mode?
Another question: is it even possible to open a new file that arrives in the folder with PAD and work on it?
I'll be grateful for any advice from you 🙂
I'm not a pro user, but I do think those steps are achievable with Power Automate Desktop. I'm not clear on what you mean by a specific site, that could be either a specific file folder/location, or a specific website. The solution for your step 7 would depend on where you need to put it.
For your step 5,
For step 6 (and 7),
For step 8,
For your last two questions, I don't know about/use unattended mode yet, so I'll let someone else address that. Yes, PAD can open and work on a new file, use the process above.
Hope that helps, and I'd love to hear any better/more efficient suggestions from other members.
I'm really thankful for your response! To be clear, that "specific site" is an internal site that serves to post job adverts. This means that flow takes data from each row in excel and puts that on that site in correct places, like "Name" "Job Title" and so on.
I believe that Web Recorder is necessary here. Hopefully I'll be able to insert it inside the loop.
I'll let you know how it works at least with the file that is currently existing in folder.
I agree, using the web recorder is your best way to set up the steps that your flow will need to follow for each line. If the steps from the web recorder populate somewhere else in your flow, you can just drag them to where you want them.
Best of luck,
Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.
A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.
Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!