cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babybots
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power Automate Desktop not allowing me to connect machine to Cloud for monitoring

Hi all,

Backstory: A company I'm working with wants to upload documents to a SharePoint drive from Power Automate Desktop. After extensive research, I found that it wasn't really a smooth process to do such specifically from the desktop, so I figured creating a cloud flow and embedding the running of the desktop flow would be the best bet.

To connect to the machine running the desktop flow, I am trying to add it to the "monitor" section of the power automate platform (Need to use direct connect), but after going through the steps it seems as if I'm not given the option to add the machine for some reason?

Troubleshooting checklist

- Uninstalled/re-installed power automate to ensure latest version was active

- Ensured both environments are the same (I only have one environment)

I may be missing something extremely obvious, such as licensing (I believe I even opted into the trial, as I have the option to click the run desktop flow option which is premium). I've attached screenshots to verify my environment, as well as what I see in the settings portion of power automate desktop.

Please let me know if you've experienced similar/know how I can add my machine

PA monitoring.PNGpower_automate.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
kostasc
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hey @Babybots 

Indeed you're missing the licensing. You could start a trial by clicking on the 'Go premium' button, like so:

kostasc_0-1628509497942.png

kostasc_1-1628509547198.png

Then head to Settings > Machine and register your Machine from there.

Let me know if this helped.

Hi @kostasc ,

Thank you for the assistance - I actually signed up for the premium trial yesterday, but still have had no luck. I've done every form of trouble shooting, as well as removing the free licensing from my account just incase it was overriding the newly purchased RPA attended trial license (Attached).

Do you have any other ideas on what may be causing this?

nooption.PNGlicense.PNG

Which Windows 10 version are you running (Home/Pro/Enterprise)?

Windows 10 Home - Is a different version needed?

windows home.PNG

Yep, that's the issue. Machines (cloud connectivity) only works in Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise (and Windows Servers 2016 & 2019) as per this document:

Power Automate Desktop prerequisites & limitations - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

You can use PAD in Windows 10 home, but you won't be able to connect it to the cloud.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,841)