cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Desktop

Hi Team,

Please help us on how to use error handling in Power Automate Desktop?

Thanks&Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello,

Right now, we don't have any official ways for handling the error or any best practices for that in PAD. 

From my experiences, error handling in PAD is depend on the type of your process, so you have to decide how to handle the error if it occurs. 

So, in my cases, I used these kinds of things to handle the error:

1. You should separate your process with many sub flows for each step so that you can easy to manage the error. Inside each sub flow, you can have this action: On Error Block (it is a try catch block), by using this action you can catch the error then decide the next steps if the error occurs. 

2. You should have many actions for: If text on screen, if web page contains, If image, If window. By using these actions you can check wheather the text, image, control appears on screen or not. 

3. You should add logs into a List or Datatable for every steps and when an error occurs you have all the logs for troubleshooting. These logs should be written to a CSV file and stored in a folder. 

Thanks and hope it can help you. 

Mike

---------------------------------

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark my post as a solution! to guide others

Helper I
Helper I

Hi @lakshmip ,

You can use "Flow Control" activities like "On Block Error", "Go to", "Label" and "If..Else "to create sophisticated code of navigating to desired place in case of error generates in the enclosed code by "On Block Error". see below one of the illustrations.

Rkmatieda_0-1611357910752.png

Also for each activity, you have to possiblity to select the action in case of some error. This includes "Retry action", "Continue flow run", "Throw error", etc.

So using these options you can determined the nature of your exception handing. 

Hope this is helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (64,440)