cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmarques
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Pricing

Hi,

I am trying to understand the Power Automate pricing.

As per the plan with the Attended RPA. Does this mean any flow I build I need to trigger manually? My goal is to run a web automation on a daily basis, and I saw you can use a cloud flow to trigger that web flow, does this mean I have to pay the extra to use the Unattended RPA?

A bit steep price (200 bucks) to run 1 flow only :/.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can also trigger an attended flow through a cloud flow but then you would need to be present/desktop needs to be unlocked.

For running it unattended on a VM or server without user presence, your assumption is correct BUT with 1 license you can run many desktop flows sequentially 24h every day which might not just cover the costs. 😉 

For many web automation scenarios, cloud flows might be sufficient plus you can run an unlimited number within your service limits.

jmarques
Frequent Visitor

Hi @fraenK,

So does this mean if I lock computer just for lunch it will not run :D, not good? I understand, makes sense with a VM/Server, but for now I just have the desktop, until we move into more flows and then yes we will use a VM/Server.

In my case, just running a web automation flow to access a cloud (browser) platform to download a couple of files. Thank you.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Basically, yes, the purpose of attended is to run while you are present. That's why it is cheaper. 

For downloading files from a website you might not need desktop flows. It can be easily done with cloud flows if the server supports serving chunks or files are smaller than the cloud flow limit. 

jmarques
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @fraenK for quick reply. Don't know all the flows, not sure cloud flows can login and go to specific URLS.

My current issue is this one that you already know: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/RPA-in-popup-window/m-p/885100#M3048

I think only desktop automation is possible here.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Websites work with http requests. You just have a look at them using the dev tools of your browser and replicate them with the http connector of cloud flows. That's it. Login, pop-ups, downloads etc. can all be done...

jmarques
Frequent Visitor

Wow very nteresting, was not aware of that, this made my week, will check it. Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,044)