cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nalgah
Regular Visitor

Preview was working, but now it's not (using Win 10 Pro)

I have a user (with Windows 10 Pro) who I shared a flow with and they have been using it fine for months.  They are under my machine list and everything (still) looks good online.  But two days ago this persons computer can no longer access the shared flow.  When I check their settings, the Machine (Preivew) tab is missing.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing and that didn't work.  As stated they are using Win 10 Pro.

The only thing I can see that is new is there were some Dell updates 2 days ago for Bios and Drivers.  I don't imagine their being a correlation to the PAD problem... right?

Help and thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nalgah
Regular Visitor

It was a licensing issue.  Once I gave them a license for Power Automate per user + RPA license (yes, has to be with the RPA), then reopened PAD and everything was working again.  Tried just giving them the per user version of the license but that didn't work - had to buy the RPA version.  Of course that one is $44/mo ea.

For my provider, the PAD user license was under Dynamics.  We don't use Dynamics and not sure why it was in there but thought I would mention it in case someone else is having trouble finding it.  Might be hidden under another category.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikosMoutzou
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Nalgah !

May I ask which version of Power Automate Desktop have you installed? Do you both have the same version of Power Automate Desktop?

He had an older version, 2.7.???, but I uninstalled that and now we both have version 2.8.73.21119.

Nalgah
Regular Visitor

It was a licensing issue.  Once I gave them a license for Power Automate per user + RPA license (yes, has to be with the RPA), then reopened PAD and everything was working again.  Tried just giving them the per user version of the license but that didn't work - had to buy the RPA version.  Of course that one is $44/mo ea.

For my provider, the PAD user license was under Dynamics.  We don't use Dynamics and not sure why it was in there but thought I would mention it in case someone else is having trouble finding it.  Might be hidden under another category.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,774)