cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChienTrinh
Frequent Visitor

Print all excel files in a folder

Hi everyone,

How can I print all excel files in a folder? Action "Print document" requires exactly link to an excel file

Thanks for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ChienTrinh 

I am replying on behalf of myself @DamoBird365 as I am currently locked out.

I have probably just made it a bit more complicated for you - sorry.  I have just realised that you can use the get files in folder step and then a for each item in the list.

abdndamo_0-1615147765989.png

Hopefully this helps and the real me can return tomorrow 🙂

Cheers

Damien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @ChienTrinh 

Could you use cmd prompt?  If you run dir /b *.xlsx from your folder you can get the file names.  Drop the first few rows and then iterate through the next lot to print off your files?

DamoBird365_0-1614934694257.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

@DamoBird365  Thanks for your help. I have run with CMD and could get the all xlsx files in my folder. but what should I do for the next steps with print action from 5th line in the picture? I'm a newbie. ^^

ChienTrinh_0-1615129764922.png

Hi @ChienTrinh 

I am replying on behalf of myself @DamoBird365 as I am currently locked out.

I have probably just made it a bit more complicated for you - sorry.  I have just realised that you can use the get files in folder step and then a for each item in the list.

abdndamo_0-1615147765989.png

Hopefully this helps and the real me can return tomorrow 🙂

Cheers

Damien

That's great, 

Thank you so much!!!

NercyCrab
Frequent Visitor

Let's say we are printing the files via the above loop, this time to PDF printer.  2 issues appear:

1. we have to manually enter the filename for each output file

2. multiple windows will open up at the same time 

How can we automatically assign the filenames for the output files?

@NercyCrab for pdf I am assuming that an adobe confirmation box loads up?  You woud need to grab the UI elements for the app windows and insert a wait until element is visible and then select the button to print.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,320)