cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PyryV
Regular Visitor

Problem: Solution failed to export: Attachment file size is too big

Hi, I'm trying to export a solution from dev environment to prod environment but when exporting the solution following error message appears on the notification bar: Solution failed to export: Attachment file size is too big. 

The solution itself has only one PAD flow inside and the flow itself isn't that big. What could be the reason for this and how to fix it? 

Edit: All of the other solutions containing different PAD flows work as intended and this behavior only started after I made some small changes to the flow code.

6 REPLIES 6
Ahammad_Riyaz
Super User
Super User

Hi @PyryV 

Even you can go for Share desktop flows.

Just need to provide co owner permission

Regards,

Ahammad Riyaz

aleaek
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue. Anyone found a solution?

isabella
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. Tried exporting my solution containing two PAD flows, an app and one cloud flow and got the sam error. One of the PAD flows has about 350 activities. When I export this flow alone in a solution I can see that it's file size is 23.7MB. And according to this guy a solution can only be 25MB. 

But surely you should be able to put more than this into one solution?

APAUsername

I have the same issue - PAD JSON files are absurdly enormous when exported.

I have four in a solution and they are 15MB to 30MB each in size.

Why?

It's just JSON source - there's no obvious reason why these are huge. Cloud flows in the same solution are tiny - less than 10kb each.

What's going on, Microsoft? How do we get these PAD exports down to a reasonable size? How can we diagnose the cause of the bloat and address it?

Thanks!

shubham_verma2

Hi,

We are getting attachment file size is too big error while trying to export a solution in QA environment.

Is there any file size limit set on Power Platform Admin center which needs to be increased so that we can proceed further?

psatpute

Hello All,

I too am facing the same issue. Cannot find any solid fix for this. In, one of the articles here it is mentioned that copying the code in Notepad++, and removing the reference of the screenshots for UI elements will help, but after editing the code I am not able to paste the code to PAD back again.

Any help will be appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,600)