Hi I am encountering a strange problem when i try and capture UI elements from web pages, when in my corporate environment.
I have Power Automate Desktop on my PC, I can quite successfully capture UI element in the Windows environment, but when i try and capture UI element from Edge i do not get the option to capture the elements. If i use the recorder function it does allow me to select the elements but then pops up a message saying the Power Automate extension needs to be install, but the extension is already installed.
I have also tested with Google chrome and experience the same issue.
If i test outside of the corporate environment I have no issues, I can visit the sites I want to an capture the elements. I have tried the support network here and they're just having fun passing the issues around the houses.
I have the feeling that there is something stopping the PAD application from talking to the PA Extension but can see nothing similar.
Does anyone have any words of wisdom or encountered this same issue?
Are there any patterns like - Did this start happening after any updates to Windows/Browser/PAD, etc?
This documentation link says..
To ensure that Microsoft Edge works as expected with Power Automate, disable running background apps when Edge is closed.
To disable this option, navigate to Settings -> System and select the slider next to Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed.
And it says the same for Chrome. So try that.
Do the usual things like restart machine/browser/PAD etc.
Hi VJR Thanks for your reply.
There is no pattern to this, it has never worked in my corporate environment.
Running background apps is already disabled.
Machine has been restarted multiple time, the software has been removed and reinstalled, the extension has been removed and reinstalled multiple times. It always presents this issue.
If running apps is already disabled can you enable and check.
Any other differentiation you can identify in the settings between the corporate environment and the environment where it works?
Things like browser settings, machine screen resolution, version of PAD, etc.
Enabling made no difference unfortunately.
I will have to deeper comparison of the settings later as don't presently have access to my none corporate device. I know both machines are running the latest PAD version as have update as one of my previous steps. I have tried tweaking resolution and number of monitors in the past but this has made no difference either.
Try admin privileges, if the corporate device has some internet restrictions e.g. if its on a windows server rather than windows 10, the security options enabled could be blocking access of the extension..
Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.
A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.
Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!