cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrePowerAutom

Problem with Power Automate Destop

Hey,

I´m from germany so sorry for my bad english 🙂

I want to build a flow which gets as input a list of numbers from a csv. For each number I have defined a action in a ERP program.
The loading of the CSV works fine. Even the for each function as itself works fine.

But when I try to use the function "Filling textfield in window" with the numbers of the CSV I get the error message, that the argument "text" needs to be encrypted.

I filled it with that: %CurrentItem%

When I change the setting to "secret text" the program writes the text %CurrentItem% instead of the number I want to have.

What am I doing wrong? Do I use the wrong function?

Thank you already.

Andre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrePowerAutom

I got it... the standard value is text. I had to declare it as variable that it is accepted.

Thanks you guys.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
fraenK
Super User
Super User

Looks like a type mismatch (text vs. numbers?) between source and target. Maybe that helps: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/Argument-Text-Must-be-Encrypted-value-pop...

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@AndrePowerAutom  are you trying to write entire csv row to the erp app, or a specific cell from CSV.

Is it possible for you to show the structure of your csv file and the powerautomate actions you're using?

Thanks

AndrePowerAutom

@fraenK 

I guess you are right. I found that information in the post you showed me:
"Thank you for your help, I found that the input type accepts only number because of that it was not able to enter the value, so I tried converting it as txt to number, then it was able to enter the value into the field."

But I dont get how to do that.

@sakula1996 
My test csv has only 1 row with the number 291148384.

Here is how is setted up. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 17.08.06.jpeg

AndrePowerAutom

I got it... the standard value is text. I had to declare it as variable that it is accepted.

Thanks you guys.

View solution in original post

You shouldn't need a dedicated variable if you just convert the current item to a number before it's entered into the field: https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/power-automate/desktop-flows/actions-reference/text#tonumber

But how can I do that? When I write 

FormattedNumber(%CurrentItem%)

it doesnt format it. it just writes the text like this:
FormattedNumber(291148384)

I even setted it in the csv file as text. Is there a special syntax?

Oh man shame on me... Now I finally found 😅 Thanks xD

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,899)