cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mktranslation
Helper I
Helper I

Problem with UI elements

I often have a problem with clickin particular UI elements. This one I have in mind right now is defined. In this particular scenario, I have a couple of panes within one window. It looks like that: 

mktranslation_0-1642584153156.png

I need to click this:

mktranslation_1-1642584206603.png

Before, in the flow I have actions like:

open illustrator > ctrl + o > populate file text field > enter > wait 15 sec > and here click this UI. I get the info that the window/pane couldn't be fetched (sorry I have UI in Polish so this may not be exact translation, but it shows the idea).

I could click in the specific area of the window instead but I do want to use UI elemements and this bother me. What is funny, it worked previously

mktranslation_4-1642584524728.png

Should I add anything before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Benny_1857
Helper III
Helper III

Benny_1857_2-1642589436958.png

After step17, which window is the active window?

I do not have this software so I just try to guess the problem.

If after step17, window2 is not the active window, you may add one step to active it.

If after step17, window2 is the active window and you still fail to click that UI, I sugget use move mouse to image and send mouse click. You can see, the areas in yellow square are same but in blue square are different.

Benny_1857_1-1642589305104.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Benny_1857
Helper III
Helper III

Benny_1857_2-1642589436958.png

After step17, which window is the active window?

I do not have this software so I just try to guess the problem.

If after step17, window2 is not the active window, you may add one step to active it.

If after step17, window2 is the active window and you still fail to click that UI, I sugget use move mouse to image and send mouse click. You can see, the areas in yellow square are same but in blue square are different.

Benny_1857_1-1642589305104.png

How does PAD work exactly? Is the "burger menu icon" UI unique for each window or is it the same UI element for all windows depending on which one is active?

Not clear. 

But I try to open 3 webbrowsers and use UI element to close one of them but failed. So I guess it depend on which one is atcive.

Thank you. I think changing focus on window helped, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,059)