cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

RPA Web Automation Flow...Press Button on Webpage

I am just getting started with RPA flows to interact with web apps..in this case Dynamics 365.

It seems the Button I am trying to press in a loop changes its reference...sometimes says 'a...d10-button' and then 'a...d12-button'...so it fails after the first loop.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Capture.PNG

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Resolver I
Resolver I

How about using 'Move Mouse to Image' action to move the mouse to the button and click on the button instead.

View solution in original post

Try inspecting the button in your browser through developer tools. Find the unique ID for the button and then you could run a javascript action to click the button:

function myFunction() {
  document.getElementById("insertButtonIDHere").click(); // Click on the button
}

thanks @BTJC99 

i think i have matched your instructions, and it runs successfully, but it doesn't seem to click the button. am i missing something?

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNGn:

11 REPLIES 11
Resolver I
Resolver I

How about using 'Move Mouse to Image' action to move the mouse to the button and click on the button instead.

Try inspecting the button in your browser through developer tools. Find the unique ID for the button and then you could run a javascript action to click the button:

function myFunction() {
  document.getElementById("insertButtonIDHere").click(); // Click on the button
}

thanks @BTJC99 

i think i have matched your instructions, and it runs successfully, but it doesn't seem to click the button. am i missing something?

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNGn:

thanks @GanCW   I am not sure if i am using the wrong setting, but the 'capture image' seems to select only a single pixel?

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

You should click and drag to select an area

@GanCW Great...thanks... Tell me, is this covered in any documentation or do you know perhaps because of Selenium knowledge?

Hi @BTJC99.    @GanCW has given me one fix for this, but i am keen on understanding the function solution as well.  Have you any idea why my config isn't working?

Looks like the id specified for the button is incorrect. As an example, go to https://www.w3schools.com/

Then, inspect the "Log In" button on the top right (F12 in google chrome or Edge)

Capture2.PNG

Then, look for the attribute called "id" as seen in screenshot below: 

Capture1.PNG

So in this case the corresponding javascript would be:

function myFunction() {
  document.getElementById("w3loginbtn").click(); // Click on the Sign In button
}

Resolver I
Resolver I

Oops wrong thread..

@ghdunn wrote:

@GanCW Great...thanks... Tell me, is this covered in any documentation or do you know perhaps because of Selenium knowledge?

Please read the PAD documentation, specifically the Actions reference.

Mouse and keyboard - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

There are lots of useful information on the documentation

Thanks @GanCW I did review that documentation but I am not sure it covered your tip to 'click and drag'.  🙂  But thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (63,575)