Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradt30h
Helper II
Helper II

Read from Excel worksheet - Only first line is captured

Hi All,

Recently, I build a flow that captures data from Excel. In my Excel, I have data stored in multiple lines. However, PAD read from excel action doesn't capture line 2 and so on. Any ideas to fix this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's definitely there, you just can't see it.  I just ran a test and the first row for "MonDetail" shows all 3 lines.

MichaelAnnis_0-1634831433075.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MichaelAnnis
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

MichaelAnnis_0-1634741101787.png

Make sure you are in "Values from a range of cells".  Is there a blank row between your title row and your first row of data?  Not sure that this would cause an issue, but I would need to know more to be able to help.  Are you sure it's not pulling data other than the first row?  Or are you trying to call data, and you can't get any data past the first row.  In your variable pane (on the right), right click ExcelData and go to View.  Do you get a DataTable?  Is the data you expect populated there?  If so, the syntax for calling data from ExcelData gets a little complicated, but let's make sure ExcelData is good first.

Let me know!

Hi Michael,

"are you trying to call data, and you can't get any data past the first row" Yes, this is what I am referring to.

Basically, my setting is:

bradt30h_0-1634781937825.png

This is what I have in my excel:                                              This is what was read in PAD.

bradt30h_1-1634782013673.pngbradt30h_2-1634782437862.png

Question 1)  Are gridlines missing?  Is "Test 2" on a second line inside of M2, or is that actually M3?

If "Test 2" is in M2, I bet it's in the MonDetail, you just can't see it.

Question 2)  Are you FirstFreeColumn and FirstFreeRow coming back as you would expect.  You can see their values in the variable pane on the right after you attempt to run the PAD.

We will get there.

Hey Michael,

Q1- No missing gridlines. It is all inside M2. Hmm let me try to print it out the data from MonDetail

Q2 - yes, no issue for this. all the rows and column value are read as what I expected... just that part the of reading data; MonDetail - that value doesn't show line 2 "Test 2".

Well, let me try it print out MonDetail somewhere to find out.

It's definitely there, you just can't see it.  I just ran a test and the first row for "MonDetail" shows all 3 lines.

MichaelAnnis_0-1634831433075.png

View solution in original post

Highboy
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

As far as I can see, then you are trying to read all data in the worksheet - correct?
If that's the case, then you can do it like this

Highboy_0-1634846411185.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,892)