Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarvinBier
Helper II
Helper II

Relocate a file from a folder and add it into teams

Hello,

My Target is that we want to relocate a file from my local storage of the laptop to a doument libary of sharepoint to use it in teams.

So the flow is supposed to start after a new file is added to a folder.

Maybe it is possible to add the file first to one drive by an action and then relocate it to Sharepoint team site document libary.

But I dont know how to start with the Power Automate Desktop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could run the desktop flow in a loop which checks every x minutes if a file has been created or changed.

Loop

- check file list

- if changes -> copy

- wait x minutes

End

Or you could trigger the desktop flow from cloud flows: Trigger a Power Automate Desktop flow from another flow - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Seems like local scheduling isn't  possible yet: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Schedule-Power-Automate-Desktop-from-within...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You could simply sync/link your Sharepoint document library with the Onedrive client to your local storage and then create/edit/copy using local folders. No Power Automate required.

Oh yeah forgot this topic. But is there an option to create a desktop flow which relocate the new files after creating automatically ?

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yes, you could monitor a folder and then copy/move files to other folders or upload them using a browser or send it to an API...

But in that desktop application there is nothing when a item is added relocate ?

Right now i have only:

1. Call up the files of the files

2. Relocate files

3. And inform me

MarvinBier_1-1616069372274.png

But i dont found soemthing like, start the flow after adding.

Or the second thing, is there a desktop option like in the browser application, where you can define that the flow check 3 or 4 times at a day and relocate the data.

MarvinBier_0-1616069285749.png

You could run the desktop flow in a loop which checks every x minutes if a file has been created or changed.

Loop

- check file list

- if changes -> copy

- wait x minutes

End

Or you could trigger the desktop flow from cloud flows: Trigger a Power Automate Desktop flow from another flow - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Seems like local scheduling isn't  possible yet: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Schedule-Power-Automate-Desktop-from-within...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,112)