Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarvinBier
Helper II
Helper II

Relocate a file from a folder and add it into teams

Hello,

My Target is that we want to relocate a file from my local storage of the laptop to a doument libary of sharepoint to use it in teams.

So the flow is supposed to start after a new file is added to a folder.

Maybe it is possible to add the file first to one drive by an action and then relocate it to Sharepoint team site document libary.

But I dont know how to start with the Power Automate Desktop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could run the desktop flow in a loop which checks every x minutes if a file has been created or changed.

Loop

- check file list

- if changes -> copy

- wait x minutes

End

Or you could trigger the desktop flow from cloud flows: Trigger a Power Automate Desktop flow from another flow - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Seems like local scheduling isn't  possible yet: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Schedule-Power-Automate-Desktop-from-within...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You could simply sync/link your Sharepoint document library with the Onedrive client to your local storage and then create/edit/copy using local folders. No Power Automate required.

Oh yeah forgot this topic. But is there an option to create a desktop flow which relocate the new files after creating automatically ?

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yes, you could monitor a folder and then copy/move files to other folders or upload them using a browser or send it to an API...

But in that desktop application there is nothing when a item is added relocate ?

Right now i have only:

1. Call up the files of the files

2. Relocate files

3. And inform me

MarvinBier_1-1616069372274.png

But i dont found soemthing like, start the flow after adding.

Or the second thing, is there a desktop option like in the browser application, where you can define that the flow check 3 or 4 times at a day and relocate the data.

MarvinBier_0-1616069285749.png

You could run the desktop flow in a loop which checks every x minutes if a file has been created or changed.

Loop

- check file list

- if changes -> copy

- wait x minutes

End

Or you could trigger the desktop flow from cloud flows: Trigger a Power Automate Desktop flow from another flow - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Seems like local scheduling isn't  possible yet: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Schedule-Power-Automate-Desktop-from-within...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,308)