Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marczh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Retrieve Text from UI Element

Hi,

i'm working on an unattend RPA Flow to book invoices in our accounting system. So far so good.

After the booking is done, I want to retrieve the bookingnumber and save it to a variable. I don't succeed to get this one working, when I try doing it with the desktop recorder (right click on the UI-Element) it is saving an Element which has already a number in it and once there is a new number in it doesn't retrieve the value.

marczh_0-1663223180258.png

It is working fine, when the value is 16896, but once the value changes to 16897 it doens't find it anymore. (UI-Element not found)

Can anyone help me on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Spoiler
Don't use the recorder. It is garbage.

Add the UI element manually. Then open the selector editor. There is probably some property tied to the element which requires a name or title attribute to have a value of 16896. So disable that property, and consider if there is something else that should be activated instead; maybe the ordinal filter, which will then select the Nth JLabel if there are more.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Spoiler
Don't use the recorder. It is garbage.

Add the UI element manually. Then open the selector editor. There is probably some property tied to the element which requires a name or title attribute to have a value of 16896. So disable that property, and consider if there is something else that should be activated instead; maybe the ordinal filter, which will then select the Nth JLabel if there are more.

marczh
Advocate I
Advocate I

thank you very much, there was indeed an element which required to have 16896 selected, once I have disselected it, it works as wished 🙂

marczh_0-1663260229002.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,015)