cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StehtBI

Run Desktop Flow on locked machine

Is there a way to run a Desktop Flow against a locked account? The account I use to access the machine and build flow MUST remain logged in to the machine (another 3rd party software requirement). So, we leave the user logged in but lock the machine. From my testing and forum review I don't see that attended or unattended will run successfully in this scenario.

Can anyone confirm? Any experience with this scenario?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TimmK Thanks for the reply. I am certainly not a Power Automate expert either and will keep the topic of this post to my original question. The link you shared seems to provide the answer in that Desktop Flows will not work on a locked machine (see screenshot below). Thank for the nudge.

I propose you add a new thread with any question outside of the specific issue addressed here.

Unattended_Locked.png

Regards

Adam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TimmK
Helper I
Helper I

Hello StehtBI,

According to the following attended needs an unlocked account and unattended a locked one:

Run a Power Automate Desktop flow - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

I am quite new to Power Automate Desktop. Could you please help me with my question?

I have created my first PAD flow and I struggle to understand how sharing it with my colleagues work. I want to share an attended PAD flow. So I need a local gateway to whose computer? My one, that one of my colleague or to a central computer? If the PAD flow is triggered from cloud, will my colleague see all the steps live, like Edge opens, the forms are filled etc.?

When I share the desktop flow directly via cloud, but not integrating it in a cloud flow, will my desktop flow show up locally in PAD of my colleague?

What is the best way to share my PAD flow under the condition that my colleagues should not have general access to the entire DB with all its data? Also, they should not be able to edit the desktop flow.

@TimmK Thanks for the reply. I am certainly not a Power Automate expert either and will keep the topic of this post to my original question. The link you shared seems to provide the answer in that Desktop Flows will not work on a locked machine (see screenshot below). Thank for the nudge.

I propose you add a new thread with any question outside of the specific issue addressed here.

Unattended_Locked.png

Regards

Adam

RafaBosco

Hey@StehtBI, you'll need to turn on a setting on Power Automate Machines

RafaBosco_2-1658333240786.png

RafaBosco_3-1658333250193.png

After that, you can call a DesktopFlow (unassigned mode) and it should run on a locked screen (signed user, but locked screen).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,521)