cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hegdesaspect

Run Sub-Flows or Desktop Flows in Parallel or Concurrently

I have 2 desktop flows which I want to run in parallel or concurrently. This was working earlier, but with recent version of Power Automate Desktop, I am unable to run flows simultaneously. The "Play" button is inactive for the 2nd flow when the 1st flow is running. See below:

Multiple Flows Cannot Run SimultaneouslyMultiple Flows Cannot Run Simultaneously

The version of the Power Automate Desktop is shown below:

Power Automate Desktop VersionPower Automate Desktop Version

How do I run multiple flows simultaneously? If this not possible, can I run sub-flows in parallel concurrently? If so, I shall convert all my flows into sub-flows and have one main flow.

This is on normal Windows 11 Desktop and not any server or virtualization etc. My windows version is as follows:

Windows 11 VersionWindows 11 Version

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Highboy
Super User
Super User

I am running version 2.16 and I have no problems, running multiple scripts the way you want.
What version are you using?

As I showed in the screenshot, I am using version 2.18. Everything was working fine with 2.16 for me too. The 2.18 version is causing this problem.

Where did you get that (Link)?
I have just downloaded the latest version from MS, and that is 2.17 (Feb. 22 release)
Also works in 2.17.

Highboy_0-1647589560594.png

hegdesaspect

Regular Windows update and Microsoft Store apps update gave this to me. I am part of Insider Preview Program and may be that is the reason I got this newer version.

That could be...
When it comes to updating Power Automate Desktop, I have learned that you have to be very carefull.
We have had an update that caused alot of problems to a lot of our scripts.
So no Insider preview for me 😮

Zave
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is concurrency a supported feature? I can't find any related documentation. 

VgsBrazil
Frequent Visitor

Hi, any news? also for me I need run multiple flows..

PetrosF-MSFT
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi all, we can run desktop flows concurrently on a Windows server machine, upon registering the machine - Run a Power Automate desktop flow - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs
Unfortunately, running desktop flows concurrently through the console is not supported.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,660)