Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCM
Helper II
Helper II

Running Excel macros

Hello,

Sorry if this is a simple ask. I am trying to run a flow with Excel macros, but whenever I try to run it, I get the error message:

"Failed to run macro (make sure the macro containing file isn't included in the disabled items list).".

I've checked that the macros are available in Personal.XLSB. How do I enable disabled items? And how do I get these macros to show up in PAD?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kinuasa
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi,
In the Macro parameter of the "Run Excel Macro" action, you must specify the XLSB name and macro name, such as "PERSONAL.XLSB!Macro1".

Regards,
kinuasa

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Save your Personal.XLSB to a new MacroWorkbook.xlsm and create all new macros in this workbook.  That way you can reference this workbook when you need to and they will all be available.

kinuasa
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi,
In the Macro parameter of the "Run Excel Macro" action, you must specify the XLSB name and macro name, such as "PERSONAL.XLSB!Macro1".

Regards,
kinuasa

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,055)