cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

SKIP EMPTY CELL IN EXCEL FILES

Hi Great People,

I'm currently designing a process where i will grabbing a certain data from excel file and I was doing it inside the power automate desktop. While doing so, I have stumble upon an issue in regards to the process I was trying to do.

The issue are, how do I skip an empty cell in specific row and proceed with the next data. Below are an example of data i was trying to do and i have come up with looping condition as solution but apparently the datatype i was using like "isEmpty" and "null" are not working and give me an error of wrong usage of datatype whereas the data retrieve from excel are in a datarow.

I do explore any solution that might help me but most of them are using web version where implementation of expression are possible and inside of the desktop version it seems like I cant find any that match. Could you guys help me out with this any information or suggestion will be valuable to me and thank you in advance for helping out.

*The row i try to skip are on the third row where invoice number and amount are not available. Hence i want to move forward with the available data like credit note and amount that is in the same row as well. Thank you in advance guys!

A/C CODELOCATIONPRINCIPALINVOICEINV SET OFF AMOUNTCREDIT NOTE  CREDIT NOTE AMT 
ABC234PARISVANSJHIN76464                               969.68AJCN60395-                                         710.68
ABC234PARISVANS  DFCN60512-                                         259.00
GHY098LONDONETNIES TSL2FJF                                203.76FFCN90087-                                         203.76
3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @hashimieasri 

Please note that the "isEmpty" operator will be available on GA (Dec 2020).

In the meantime, you could try the solution as described here: https://support.softomotive.com/support/solutions/articles/35000112272-check-if-a-variable-is-null-

I hope it helps!

Hi @PetrosF-MSFT ,

It seems like the suggestion is not working for me. As for what you mention on the isempty part may I know when will this option can be used inside power automate desktop specifically and in the meantime is there any suggestion on how can i achieve this process of checking empty cell in a row?

Resolver I
Resolver I

@hashimieasri , @hairilasri  

isEmpty condition is available now. Download the latest version of PAD

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,100)