cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
velocette350
Regular Visitor

Save or download existing Excel from Software

PAD Flow:

Save or download existing Excel file that is generated by a Desktop local software.

The flow does:

1. Open corporate software + login
2. Clicks on several button and menu to generate a specific report
3. Generates an excel report file

My problem:
1. can't manage to save or copy the content of the excel
> since its generated by the software and not from me I have no control or reference of it

2. My ideal would be copy the content on to another file I have
3. Or alternatively save locally and copy content

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nived_Nambiar
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @velocette350 

Since the file is coming different, make the ui element's attribute which has the file name as dyanmic such that attribute contains a word like Excel, so that bot can identify the window properly.

Now to copy the data, since as u said there is no way to save it, so what u can do is copy the entire data using ctrl+A using send keys action and using ctr+c to copy it and paste in another excel file so that u can save it.

I hope this would works for you 🙂 

Kindly mark it as solution if it resolves ur issue

Thanks & Regards,

Nived N

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nived_Nambiar
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @velocette350 

if i am right, the problem u are facing is, u had excel but u are not able to download so could not able to copy content right ?

Hello,

Yes, that is correct.  Since the Software is the one that generates a report in Excel format, it opens the file, I can see it, but I am not able to use PAD to recognize it.  

I tried running the Desktop recorder use the actions of buttons to save or copy... but

everytime I do it....

it generates a UI element 

Excel 1

Excel 2

Excel 3

Excel 4

and when I try to use it as a reference.... 

for the next report for a New Report

the new repot is alreay a different Number.. in this case Excel 5!!

start the Flow using Get window.... but the window is already one version different

PAD-getwindow-excel5.png

Does this make sence?

Thank you in advance.

Regards, 

Paul

Nived_Nambiar
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @velocette350 

Since the file is coming different, make the ui element's attribute which has the file name as dyanmic such that attribute contains a word like Excel, so that bot can identify the window properly.

Now to copy the data, since as u said there is no way to save it, so what u can do is copy the entire data using ctrl+A using send keys action and using ctr+c to copy it and paste in another excel file so that u can save it.

I hope this would works for you 🙂 

Kindly mark it as solution if it resolves ur issue

Thanks & Regards,

Nived N

Thank you for the suggestion, will try and give it a try.

Regards,

Hello,

Yes! it worked, I disabled the full filename and instead I activated the Excel element as you suggested.

The Excel file is now closing correctly.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,739)