cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGoldz75

Saving a Snipping Tool Screenshot?

Hello,

I am in a position where I need to take a screenshot of specific coordinates of the screen and save that screenshot to a particular folder on my machine. Since the default Power Automate functionality only allows me to take screenshots of the entire screen or foreground window, I have turned to trying to automate the Snipping Tool to accomplish this goal. 

I have created a simple automation to do this, but I am having UI selector errors on the "Save As" page. 

Here are screenshots of what I have built for reference:

Error 1.pngError 2.png

Line 53 tries to click the top of the address bar to manually type in the location of the folder in which I would like to save the file. The workflow fails on line 53 every time, prompting me that it cannot find the UI element. I have edited the UI selector (both window and actual menu item) to try to strip out as many unnecessary indicators as I could, leaving only the window name "Save As" and the name "Address".

*The automation seems to fail no matter what I try to click on within the Snipping Tool. Even the "Save" button doesn't work, so I needed to resort to Ctrl+S to open the "Save as" window

**It's worth noting that when the bot fails to capture the UI element.... if I simply click on the failed location and click "Run from here", the bot does find the UI object it is looking for and continues to function as it should. It always fails when running the bot from the beginning. 

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VJR
Super User
Super User

Sorry I didnt realise you were looking for Win 11.

The path I gave you was for Win 10.

- Does Sendkeys open it up in Win 11?

Windows Key + Shift + S

- Also snippingtool  in Run opens it up

VJR_0-1655613510596.png

View solution in original post

Hi, thanks for the help. Putting in snipping tool works and it is able to open. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JackyGrealish
Regular Visitor

Hi, just asking how to get the snipping tool app location in the laptop? I am using Windows 11 and I cant seem to find snipping tool location which does not allow me to use the run application function in Power Automate Desktop.

It's at "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SnippingTool.exe"

VJR
Super User
Super User

Sorry I didnt realise you were looking for Win 11.

The path I gave you was for Win 10.

- Does Sendkeys open it up in Win 11?

Windows Key + Shift + S

- Also snippingtool  in Run opens it up

VJR_0-1655613510596.png

Hi, thanks for the help. Putting in snipping tool works and it is able to open. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,189)