cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeSensei

Screenshot resets zoom level to 100%

My browser zoom level is set to 67% in order to fit all the data I need for my screen shot.

When using 'Take screenshot of web page' action the zoom level gets reset to 100% before the screen shot is taken then set back to 67%

How do I get a screenshot without changing the zoom level size?

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Send keys for {Alt}(Printscreen). 

you will have to look in the Send Keys documentation for the printscreen syntax’s. I am not at my computer. Good luck. 

VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @JoeSensei 

• Have you tried to take screenshot based on the UI element?

I tried out the Take screenshot action and intentionally added the UI element that is at the very deep bottom of the webpage. Even if the element was not visible it accurately took the screenshot.

That is the point of the UI element via selectors. Just like the way if we add an UI element of a text box, PAD correctly goes and add a values to that textbox no matter where it is on the screen.

The same way if we select the correct selectors of the UI element it goes to that element and captures its screenshot.

So make sure your selectors are correctly pointing to that element. You would not need to set the zoom level.

• At first I would still suggest you to go by the UI element approach mentioned above.

But if that's not working for you then....

For changing the zoom of your browser window, Control minus is the key combination

I have explained both the above approaches in the below link

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/Web-Screen-Shots-with-Power-Automate/m-p/...

JoeSensei

Thank you.

I created a powershell script to take the screen shot.  This way I get the complete screen in 1 take and doesn't change the zoom level.

Which I think is a Microsoft problem, the action of taking a screen shot shouldn't change your browser.

Pinnacle

I've had this same issue when attempting to "Take screenshot of web page" UI element. Power Automate Desktop would always zoom to 100% during the flow and then return to the default 80% that I had the browser set at.

A work around that helped it run smoother, was adding a flow that changed Chrome to full screen and then running the rest of the flow works successfully with clear images. Previously the screenshots would be blacked out or not be aligned properly. It's definitely a Power Automate bug.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,683)