cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Igorgm
Frequent Visitor

Select or add row by row from an excel table column to a list

Hi, I'm trying to create a flow where power automate collects the information from the rows of a column in a given excel file, after that it needs to paste and search the information one line at a time in Fillezila to search and download a file, but I can't find a function that selects line by line in excel, is there any method of doing it?

5 REPLIES 5
GanCW
Resolver II
Resolver II

You can read the column into a data table and use the for each loop to interate through each row.

Igorgm
Frequent Visitor

How can I make the for each function interact directly with the data for each row in a column? I was able to do it using a method in which I use the recorder to open the document, copy the request and repeat the process, I was wondering if there is a faster way to do it, since the information in the document will always change and the recorder will not recognize the new number of lines.

You can use the Get First Free Row Action to find the first free row.

The last row = first free row -1

You now know how many rows to read in

Henrik_M
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The recorder is evil. Do not ever use it!

Learn about the proper Excel actions yourself, and build the flow.

csundar
Resolver I
Resolver I

I've done a couple different 'read from Excel' and 'take action with data' flows.

Create a variable for your row number and start it at 2 (assuming a header row on 1).  Get the first free row as referenced by @GanCW and loop through your action you want to do until your variable = first free row.  Don't forget that the last action in your loop is to increment your current row variable by 1.

Within the loop then use the read from Excel worksheet where you have to read a cell at a time.  The process I'm working on right now has 10 different reads to get the data I need and then processes from there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (3,817)