cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMullins21
Frequent Visitor

Selecting Variable Position Drop-down

Hi, 

I need to select a drop-down on a website that may be in different positions each time.  The drop could in positions where 1001 - Roofing is to where the drop down is currently. Any ideas on how to do this? My only thought so far is to create an action for each position and go to the next if it fails. Drop Down.png

3 REPLIES 3
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @JMullins21 

The "Set dropdown list value on webpage" action also has an option to select the value in the dropdown by its name value. Can you use that to pass 1001 - Roofing.

If any difficulty then right click, inspect the element and see the html code for the dropdown. That might give some hints as to how to use it.

VJR_0-1635392043026.png

If that is still not working, then you can use Sendkeys into the dropdown and type 1001 - Roofing and then press TAB or ENTER depending on how your application works.

Jmullins513
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I am able to enter the information once the menu is selected. What I can't do is select the drop-down because it's position changes based on how many other cost codes are entered. Is there a way to search for the drop-down versus a specific position of a drop-down.

VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jmullins513 

The screenshot that I have shared above is for selecting based on the text (and not by position). Have you tried that?

Also if that does not work have you tried the second option of sendkeys also which I have mentioned in the post.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,837)