Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harpreet_Tohra
Helper II
Helper II

Sending Varibale value from Power Automate Desktop Loop to Power Automate Cloud

Hi 

I am new to Power Automate Desktop and Power Automate. Could anyone help me to solve the issues.

I am extracting a data table from website using Power Automate Desktop. Table has rows and columns properly. 

The extracted data is being stored in DataTable variable in the form of Data Table.

Now the thing is, I want to send this DataTable to Power Automate Cloud and use the values by particular row and column and fill that data into a SharePoint List.

I am able to extract data but I am not able to send it as a data table to cloud flow. I guess it sends the data in array or string form and I am not sure about that.

If I am using loop to send the data to cloud it is passing only last value from loop.

Harpreet_Tohra_0-1632314103419.png

As you can see in the above SS loop is running but it is sending the NetRate, Unit_Type and Date at the end the loop to cloud flow, But I want it should send the variable values after each iteration to Cloud flow , then go to the next iteration.

OR If I could fill SharePoint directly from Automate Desktop that could also be beneficial

Could anyone help me over this.

Thanks in advance

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Harpreet_Tohra 

As far as I understand, attachment files of SharePoint List Item are stored in SQL table, however I don't know if it is possible to retrieve those attachment files via SQL query using OLE DB.

Maybe you should use Client Side Object Model (CSOM) or JavaScript Object Model (JSOM) for SharePoint or simply use REST API to do so.

takolota
Super User
Super User

If anyone is having trouble with the SQL method, I also developed a method to bulk import entire files worth of data into SharePoint through Power Automate Desktop & Cloud Flows.

I haven’t tested these methods side by side, but I wonder if my cloud flow is more efficient as it doesn’t use a loop for each row.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Automate-Reports-From-External-Datasourc...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,700)